Friday, July 7, 2017

Making of Alphabet on wall: Part 1


My earlier post Introducing Alphabet for Toddlers, might have given you some idea on how to help your toddlers recognize the Alphabet. I just wanted to do a detailed post on how I did and what are the supplies I used, so that you could end up in doing a craft activity with your preschooler.

Only for few Alphas we did a craft work, rest I just hung the store bought toy. So let's get into it.

A for Apple:

I just used a red and green pipe cleaner with a red color paper to fill the apple. You can simply make your kid, color the apple on a paper cut it out and paste it on wall. Other choices include Alligator, Airplane, Ambulance.....

B for Butterfly:

Just the Pipe Cleaners, bend it and craft into a butterfly. We all love Butterflies and hence I made many of them, kinda of heading towards the flowers. You can also think of Bumble bee, Bus, Bird...
Check out this Butterfly Collage.


C for Car:
No craft, just hung a toy car!


You can also hang your kid's cap, picture of cow, cat, candle,... Try this caterpillar and Christmas Tree collage.

D for Door:
I pasted the 'D' on the Door, along with a Doggy and a Duck sticker. Make a paper collage of Duck along with your kids and put it on the wall.


E for Elephant:
E is for Elephant, just took a print out of Elephant and pasted it.


Also you can go for egg, eraser, excavotor...

F for Fridge:
Paste the F on the Fridge! Try to introduce a new word which your kid is not familiar with earlier. You can have Flowers, Picture of Fox, Fairy or hang a toy fire engine. Try out this simple fish collage.

G for Grapes:
Used green pipe cleaners to make small circles, and glued it together. You can paste picture of globe, Gorilla, Goat,...

H for House:
I used colored ice cream sticks to make the house and cut pieces of heart from foam sheets. Try out this Heart collage!

I for Ice cream:
To make ice creams I used foam sheets and construction paper. Trace the outline of various layers of ice cream on different colored sheets, cut it out, glue it together. 


You can paste the picture of Indian flag or make an Igloo collage...

The post is getting too big, so let me continue in the next post.

To be continued.....


No comments:

Post a Comment