Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Learning numbers - Play Dough Part 2

Hands On with Play Dough - Part 2

Take a look at my Play Dough Part 1 post.
This time LO initiated the play. I think this is very important because, self initiated play is always a hit. Its obvious that kids are interested (or they are "in a mood" I would say) in doing that particular activity, hence you can teach them something new in doing that activity.
He wanted to make impressions on play dough with shapes blocks. He did it for sometime and later I gave him magnetic numbers and he got excited, and went making impressions with that again and again.
As I have already mentioned, LO is little obsessed with handling these dough. So I wanted to do something different other than impressions, so I made numbers with Dough.






LO got excited looking at the play dough numbers and showed interest in playing with them. He  went handling the numbers and transferred them to his sit and spin chair. The numbers got deformed while transferring and he tried by all means to put them back, but he couldn't!😊 

He combined the magnetic numbers with this play and went sorting them on the chair.


Again he transferred the play dough numbers to the top of the chair. 



It was a fun filled play for LO. I think this is a great way to teach numbers for toddlers. 

Happy Parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment