Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Coloring on walls : Part 2 - Nursery Rhymes Themed Coloring Activity

Our earlier activity Coloring on wall was a big hit😜, so we did another coloring activity on wall, with Nursery Rhymes based theme. This idea clicked in when LO was singing "Hickory Dickory Dock..." rhyme looking at the DIY clock I made. By the time I thought I should make a pendulum clock model using the cardboard for LO. Later I simplified my work on to the brown paper sketching!😜 And later this whole activity got completed by sketching few of LO's favorite rhymes. It was completely fun for me and LO and we thoroughly enjoyed it.


What we used:
  • Paper (I've kept some Kraft paper Amazon puts in their boxes and used few sheets for this activity)
  • Markers
  • Crayons
  • Sticky Tape
I started sketching with "Hickory Dickory Dock..." pendulum clock. The rest of the rhymes were LO's choice. I planned to use the DIY clock in this sketching. So I placed it at the center of the pendulum clock sketching. That time I didn't have any idea as how to proceed to the next rhyme. So I just relaxed and  LO started coloring the pendulum clock.



After the coloring is over I just asked him, 'What Rhyme you want next?' He immediately said "Wheels on the bus..."


"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.." was the next rhyme. We drew daddy star, mummy star and baby star....😁

Followed by "Baa Baa Black sheep..." LO wanted to draw brown sheep too...and of course 3 bags of wool.
My favorite sketching is the "Itsy Bitsy Spider..." rhyme.


LO's favorite was "Six Little ducks went out one day..." For this I made a duck template out of thick sheet and used that to draw the six ducks. LO wanted to write "Quack Quack.." too😁Orange crayons seemed little milder on brown paper, so i gave him Orange oil pastel, and look how bright it is. LO's face also became brighter.



Our favorite was Finger Family rhyme!! I drew the fingers by tracing LO's palm and he got so excited by this.

We did this by sketching and coloring one rhyme per day and it took about a week to complete!
     

Try this out and share your views and suggestions in comment box below.

Happy Parenting! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment