Friday, June 9, 2017

Coloring with Crayons on the wall

We recently did a markers and crayons coloring activity. This time we did it on a larger scale and so decided to put it on the wall. I mention it as 'We', because it was an activity for me too. Lol!๐Ÿ˜

What we used:
  • Paper (I've kept some Kraft paper Amazon puts in their boxes and used few sheets for this activity)
  • Markers
  • Crayons
  • Sticky Tape
I helped LO to stick the paper to the wall using the sticky tape and my activity actually began!

Part 1:

I drew biggy biggy ABCs on the paper... Of course, none of our activities are without Alphas! LO couldn't restrain from disturbing me, and some how I kept him diverted before I completed the Z.

Then I thought I would draw a picture relating each Alpha, and so I drew the very easy "A for Apple"! But LO stopped me and said "Amma, Vehicles", and continued "B for Bus". I said ok and drew the bus. It was bit easy till I finished the car and dump truck. He said "E for Excavator" and I wasn't comfortable with it, so from then on sought the help of internet and somehow completed till "P for Pumpkin". I took a break wherein he started to do his coloring. For many I skipped the vehicles and I'm sure he wasn't disappointed. 


Then I gave him the Crayons and he started to color the Alphas and completed in a jiffy!

He couldn't reach to the top so he tried changing hands! he he...๐Ÿ˜Š


He became so excited as that was his first coloring activity on wall!


Again, after a break, from 'Q', I drew pictures till 'Z' and most pictures were LO's choice.
LO's Crayons coloring!


Apple, Bus, Car, Dump truck, Excavator, Fork-lift, Garbage Truck, Helicopter, Igloo, Jeep, Kite, Lamp, Motor Bike, Net, Owl, Pumpkin, Question Mark, Rocket, Sun, Turtle, Umbrella, Van, Wagon, X-mas tree, Yacht, Zeppelin.

                     

We reserved the rest of the space for another day.

Part 2:

After a week LO wanted to color on the 'wall paper', so my sketching started again!

I drew random pictures with simple words, so that LO would get some in-sight into sight words.
Check out the pictures for the words.





This is a great activity for kids. Mess free and I would say cheap activity with limited supplies available at home.


You can draw some of your kids favorite pictures or give them the paint and brush, let them do a free style art work!

Happy Parenting!๐Ÿ˜Š


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Great way to engage our kids at home.continue your great work.
    This is the age they like to scribble on the wall.Great.keep going.

    ReplyDelete