Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hands on with Play Dough : Part 1

There are so many ways to play with Play Dough and the possibilities are endless!

When LO was in his second year he didn't show much interest in handling the play dough. Rather he would remove the dough from the containers and play with the colorful lids or stack up the containers. When LO was close to three, I gave him the play dough again and then he got hold of it. 

Let me share with you what we did as a beginner. As this is the first activity with the play dough, we started from basics like making impressions with different textures, different shapes and of course impressions with Alphabets!

LO enjoyed it lot more than I expected. LO is bit obsessed with being clean! Initially he was bit hesitant to touch the dough but after sometime he started enjoying it!

I used plastic plates for each color for no-mess play and for easy clean up. We first started with doing Impressions of shapes. I helped LO in spreading the dough on the plates. Then I gave him the shapes and he started to explore!


Then I gave him a pen and LO made holes in dough which I didn't expect. The final look was awesome like the craters on the moon!


Then we used the Bristle Blocks. This is a good way to explore the textures of the Bristle Blocks and the impressions made by them in play dough.


We also tried etching the dough with the spoon.


And here comes the Alphas!!

Of all these I know LO's favorite is making holes on the play dough with the pen!!


There are infinite activities you can do with play dough which I will keep sharing as we experiment it.

Happy Parenting!😊

No comments:

Post a Comment