Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Painting with Cotton Swabs

Color Carnival : Day 2

At our place the next two days seem to be rainy. I know rainy days make kids (and Moms!) go cranky😣. Keeping kids occupied indoors could be bit challenging! So, soon as LO completes his breakfast I start to plan for the day's activity, before he goes cranky! 
The next Coloring activity is with cotton swabs😊. Using the swabs is a great fine motor activity for kids. Gripping the Q- tips is similar to the writing practice and helps develop pencil grasp.

Cotton Swab Painting

Materials Used:
  • Cotton Swabs
  • White Paper
  • Kids Washable Paint
  • Pencil
  • Transparent Tape

Tape the white paper on the table. Initially I thought to print on patterns like waves, zig-zag.. etc. So I drew a wave pattern with pencil and let LO to print the colors with swab on it. Look the cloudy day have made my pictures look dull😠



 He did a quite decent job and completed the blue color wave. Next I drew grass like pattern, since he asked for green color. I have to admit truly, he lost interest half way through!


So I thought alphabets would be right choice to make him get back to interest. So I wrote his name with pencil, and proffered him many colors.



Without big mess we completed printing his name!


Try this out, and I'm sure kids would love this different way of working with cotton swabs. Expand your imagination and try out varied ideas, and allow free play for your little ones.

Happy Parenting!😊



6 comments: