Friday, May 12, 2017

 The World of Kids

The World of most kids is now occupied by Gadgets. The Gadgets are the "Guru" now-a-days. Daily we read many articles in social media about the bad effects of Gadget exposure on children. But we are not able to quit the habit cold-turkey, methinks.


Nevertheless my kid is not an exception. I exposed him to gadgets before he turned one to make him eat, during long travel and to calm him down in public places when he threw tantrums. Hussssshhhh...The moment I hand-over the gadget to him he calms down immediately. He is 3 now. And very lately I realized the mistake I'm doing and the fact it's not shame to see my child throwing tantrums in common place.
Check out this link: Steve Jobs was a Low Tech Parent
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/fashion/steve-jobs-apple-was-a-low-tech-parent.html?_r=0

Once we make up our mind to make our child "Gadget-free",ways to keep them engaged pops-up immensely.
I'll keep you posted with the activities for babies, toddlers and preschoolers which would keep them engaged for hours. Let's bring our children "Gadget-free".

No comments:

Post a Comment